This majestic Maison de Maître, built around 1850, is located on the outskirts of a village, in the greater Pezenas area, Languedoc Roussillon, Occitanie, South of France. Amenities are within walking distance; the town, motorway, TGV and the sea are nearby. It was the prestigious residence of a large winery which has been split up into several dwellings. The large gate with pedestrian side doors hides the imposing mansion with its harmonious façades, beautiful entrance door and the well-kept mature walled grounds. A courtyard between the house and the large swimming pool area offers shaded terraces and a BBQ and also gives access to a large games room. The tennis court is at the far end, sheltered by hedges, and is in perfect condition. At the entrance is a large gravelled parking area, a dog house and access to the garage. The house has been modernised over the last 20 years: new roof, plumbing, electricity and decoration. All rooms are well sized and bright overlooking the garden and the countryside.
If you are looking for a majestic large home, with views over the lovely countryside, appreciate being within walking distance to amenities and just a short drive from a town, an excellent infrastructure as well as the sea, then a visit is a must!
Description of the building
Ground floor: Entrance 15m2
- fully fitted kitchen with granite work top 19m2 and open dining room 23m2, both rooms give access to the 100m2 large courtyard
- lounge 34m2
- shower room with WC 3m2
- laundry area with separate side entrance 28m2
- Games room 47m2 with access from the courtyard
1st floor: landing 23m2
- master bedroom 17m2 with en-suite shower room 6m2, separate WC, with access to the large family living room, possibility to extend into the 1st floor of the garage (dressing room etc.)
- bedroom 22m2 with en-suite shower room 6m2
- 3 further bedrooms of 14m2, 18m2 and 14m2 sharing a bathroom 7m2
- Family living room/loft/office/painting workshop 47m2 with separate access by an exterior staircase
2nd floor: landing17m2
- Study 8m2
- 3 bedrooms 14m2, 18m2 and 11m2 sharing a bathroom 9m2
- Bedroom 25m2 with en-suite room which could be a shower room 5m2
- Convertible attic 20m2
Courtyard with BBQ and large covered terraces, with access by a staircase to the swimming pool area located slightly higher
Swimming pool 12m x 6m with electric rolling shutter
Large tiled swimming pool surround and a summer lounge providing shade
Conservatory used as changing room
Tennis court covered by a 10 year guarantee
Garage 75m2 on the ground floor with 70m2 on the first floor, with possibility to connect to the main house
The grounds totalling 7248m2 are fully fenced and offer a beautiful mature garden with typical Mediterranean trees such as palm trees, cypresses, olive trees, bushes and flowers as well as open lawn spaces. An automatic sprinkling system is fed by cheap agriculture water. Mains water and a septic tank are providing the service for the house.
The property has been entirely renovated and modernised over the past 20 years. Under floor central heating on the ground floor and radiators on the 1st floor. The 2nd floor has air-conditioning and convector heaters. Wooden double glazed joinery with wooden shutters.
Unique by its location, such a property is hard to come by in our region!
1 795 000€ - £1 550 934 - $1 954 576